Part 2 of 3: Fluidic Oscillators with Atomized Output
Experience the future of atomization technology with our feedback type fluidic oscillator device with atomized output. Unlock unparalleled precision and efficiency in fluid dispersion, revolutionizing industries and setting new standards for atomized spray applications.
This inventive design is 1 of 3 aspects of technology T2019-309 and is just one part of a larger, comprehensive suite of fluidic oscillator technologies offered by The Ohio State University for licensing. To learn more about our other designs, please visit https://oied.osu.edu/find-technologies and search using the term: Fluidic Oscillator.
To see a descriptive YouTube video of this technology, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Hn2q5W958.
In the realm of fluid dynamics, there is a pressing commercial need for atomizing devices that can produce fine particles in all three dimensions. Current atomizers are limited, primarily offering two-dimensional sprays with little dispersion in the third dimension. Industries spanning from fuel injection systems to various spraying applications require a solution that can provide atomized output with a wider spray angle, addressing the shortcomings of existing technology.
Introducing our groundbreaking feedback type fluidic oscillator device with atomized output. This innovation features at least two fluidic oscillators, each comprising an interaction chamber, fluid supply inlet, outlet nozzle, and feedback channels. The unique design allows fluid streams to collide within the interaction chamber, generating oscillations in both the first and second dimensions. Importantly, these oscillations are perfectly synchronized, resulting in a fully atomized output that spreads uniformly in all three dimensions.
- Fuel Injection Systems: Precise atomization for efficient combustion, enhancing fuel efficiency and reducing emissions.
- Agricultural Spraying: Uniform dispersion of pesticides and fertilizers for optimized crop protection and growth.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Accurate coating and granulation processes, ensuring consistency and quality in drug production.
- Cosmetic Industry: Atomized spray for even and smooth application of perfumes, lotions, and cosmetic products.
- Food Processing: Controlled atomization for flavorings, coatings, and preservatives, ensuring even distribution and taste consistency.
- Enhanced Atomization: Produces fine particles in all three dimensions, ensuring uniform coverage and effectiveness.
- Precise Control: Perfect synchronization of fluid streams allows for precise control over spray patterns, catering to diverse application needs.
- Increased Efficiency: Optimized atomization leads to reduced wastage, enhancing overall operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Versatility: Adaptable across various industries, providing a versatile solution for a wide array of atomization requirements.
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduces excess use of fluids and chemicals, promoting environmentally conscious practices in industrial processes.
United States Patent Application No. 17/776,906 (PUBLISHED)
European Patent No. 4058203 (ISSUED)
Japan Patent Application No. 2022-528105 (PUBLISHED)
Canada Patent Application No. 3158460 (PENDING)