Dynamic Control Scheme for Multiphase Electric Machine
As automobile manufacturers strive to achieve greater fuel efficiency and reduce emissions, the adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and other Electric Drive Systems (EDSs) has surged. However, these electrified powertrains face performance challenges, especially in extreme environments. To address the need for enhanced performance in these powertrains, there's an opportunity for novel control schemes capable of optimizing the operation of multiphase electric machines.
Advanced control schemes enhance the performance of induction machine-based electrified powertrains. Key components of the technology include:
- Linear Parameter Varying Control: Leveraging the principles of linear parameter varying control theory, our system provides a robust platform for optimizing the operation of electric drive systems in time-varying conditions.
- Parameter Varying Observers: The technology incorporates parameter varying observers to estimate and control critical variables within the electrified powertrain, ensuring efficient and reliable performance.
- Electric Vehicles (EVs): Improve the performance of induction machines in EVs, enhancing their efficiency and overall driving experience.
- Electric Aircraft: Electric aircraft, including unmanned aerial vehicles, can also benefit from increased efficiency and ruggedization.
- Commercial Fleets: Companies operating electric or hybrid vehicle fleets can extend the lifespan of their vehicles and reduce maintenance costs.
- Improved Efficiency: The technology enhances the efficiency of electrified powertrains, reducing energy consumption and improving overall fuel economy.
- Extended Lifespan: By optimizing the operation of induction machines, our system helps prolong the lifespan of critical components, reducing maintenance and replacement costs.
- Robust Performance: Linear parameter varying control ensures robust performance in varying environmental conditions, making it ideal for automotive applications.
- Emissions Reduction: Enhanced efficiency in EVs and HEVs contributes to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, aligning with environmental sustainability goals.